Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To the impossible and beyond


There’s a great quote by German thinker and philosopher Goethe:
“I love those who yearn for the impossible.”

Well, I certainly did yearn for the ‘impossible.’
Shot a feature film in 1 week.
Edit it on a tiny MacBook with media storage of two small lunch boxes.
Finish it and submit it to festivals around the world.

It’s over. Done & dusted. Cryptopticon is complete.

More Goethe is appropriate: “Certain defects are necessary for the existence of individuality.”

Cryptopticon is not perfect – I can only see the mistakes (!) mine that is – everyone was working at the best of their abilities. I always end up with a few lessons.

Anyway – we made virtue from the faults. Individuality has no smooth edges.

Thank you one and all for your efforts encouragement, patience and friendship over the long haul.

I believe that if your treat an individual as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.

Thank you to those who treated me with the respect and considerations; to the others who didn’t - A plague o' both your houses!

I kid – everyone is always so nice to me – to my face anyway - I tend to intimidate even bulldozer-sized grizzly bears!

See you all at the cast and crew screening/party…no date yet – but it is appropriate we have one soon. Cannes?

No comments:

Post a Comment