Monday, March 16, 2009

The 'first screening'


So John (‘Hips’) and I watched the ‘complete’ (more on this later) film yesterday. It was on a small notebook screen - but that is the best we could do with what we got now. No doubt more tune-up screenings will happen over the next few month.

Anyway, regardless of the screen quality, I think was surprised. In a good way.

I’m assuming this of course, but he smiled a lot during the screening which I took as a sign that he was pleased – but the again John is always of good cheer - maybe he was just humoring me, kind John knows how much midnight oil I burnt over the months I spent editing at night and was probably concerned for my self-esteem – a very caring producer!

Or maybe he did enjoy seeing it again for a third time (script – shoot - edit).

It was first for both of us – as I’ve watched long scenes and sequences but this was the first time I sat through the whole 83 minutes (a prime number what else).

I enjoyed it – the film had good pace and enough twists to keep one hooked.

We had much banter with William (my hyper-interested son) – even this hyperactive 11 yr old was hooked – kept asking questions – “Who did it? Did he…? Did she…?” “She’s lying!” No, he’s lying now…” and on…

For both John and I, the best declaration though was at the end when W yelled “I want to watch it again!” proof that the thrill ride had been a good one.

Anyway, self-congratulations will have to wait; the film is not yet complete – I need to tweaks few beats and the audio needs another look into it – I will spend most of tonight on it - but the film will be ready for submission this week.

Cast and crew screening…?

Thinking about a suitable date…keep you posted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment